Louisiana Continuing Education COURSE
2020 Mandatory Course - Fair Housing and Cultural Diversity (available as make-up credit for 2020 cycle)
Protected classes, disparate impact, diversity, bias, emotional support animal, service animal, reasonable modification, and reasonable accommodation. Do you know all you need to know on these topics? Can you translate fair housing law into your everyday practice?
Get up to speed with this four-hour course exploring fair housing laws and issues impacting your real estate practice. You’ll finish better prepared to ensure that all individuals have equal access to housing.
Course highlights include:
- Evolution of fair housing law
- National Association of REALTORS® Code of Ethics Article 10, Equal Professional Service Model
- Protected classes at the state and federal level
- Disparate impact in Louisiana
- How the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Fair Housing Act intersect
- Defining service animal vs. emotional support animal
- The concept of reasonable accommodation
- Pets, property management, and prohibitions
- Case studies and legal trends
- Interactive activities and scenarios to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context